Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kate Playground Stcking

Tears in class



" The most beautiful seas

has not been crossed yet.

The most beautiful of our children

not grown up yet.

The most beautiful day of our

we have not seen yet.

And that

that vor rei tell you more beautiful

not tell you I have not said. "






This poem by Nazim Hikmet Giacoma to tears in class.
James has been promoted with a vote of the board because insufficient in some subjects. I gave the sufficiency only for those tears that have tended to My explanation for the attention of the entire class. The text has been memorized by all.
After the Easter holidays I started teaching the last unit that includes the study of poetry. We read in class several poems of several poets. The first was this full of melancholy, love and hope.
The class of which I speak is that I wrote a few months ago. Bunch of boys and girls in their school experience had learned only to messages with their mobile phones without being detected by the professors. No interest in school, no passion for any subject or discipline, no desire to learn anything. Two months ago this was the view of the Council on these class of students. Giacoma led the flag of arrogance. Hikmet has made her cry. The others listened carefully to this poem as the next.
For two months I basked with a simple question: What happened?
Perhaps nothing has happened or is it all happened. Nobody will ever know for sure. Through
posts that follow I will try to discuss the incident telling you this school year is closed. I wanted to start the tears of James because it is the most beautiful thing I've seen in my school since 2005, when I work on trying to teach Italian, history and geography.

0 comments:

Post a Comment