I have always kept our promises, and then begin the adventure of the story of a school year at a middle school "located in the area at risk" in the center of Palermo.
And it starts with a good question: What does it mean area at risk? At the risk of what?
And the answer that I gave myself too surprised me.
teachers at risk. Not likely that the teachers but the kids are likely to have certain teachers.
Friday June 12 was the last day of class. Now school pupils are cut to the bone, present only the kids of the third to complete the exam preparation.
arrive at 9.40 am the head teacher who, hearing noise schoolchildren , Went to the "autonomous zone" (former housing in a princely palace servants) to see what happens. Find a third of the boys happy and carefree stories of their loves. Even the shadow of a teacher up to 9.50. At that time appears in the hallway a teacher who comes to greet the headmaster and pupils immediately triggered the question: "Guys who do you have?". "You", they respond in chorus. And the president, he insisted: "But as the last day of class she does not know its time?". He continues: "Good job" and go away without batting an eyelash .
This is not an isolated case. On June 5, 2008 a colleague told me: "Do you think I've figured out how to work the schedule this year?". Two considerations
I of engaging :
- It is unthinkable that a worker does not know the place and time of his work.
- You can arrive late, we're men. But sometimes, I know, two or three times a year. Every Friday seems to me too.
Dell ' time school I already written (it would be good to re-read) on 30 0 0 tt October 2008 in the diary entry.
0 comments:
Post a Comment